Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Requisites for Travel

Never having had much money, I have never had the opportunity to travel outside of my home country. As a result, over the years it has become a near-obsession for me to find a way to travel and visit other places; the sooner, the better. This has especially been the case with the rise in the cost of air travel. I would like to get 'out there', so to speak, and visit these other parts of the world before travel becomes so expensive that only the most wealthy are capable of it.

Therefore, I ask any readers to provide me with tips about travel for a first-timer so that I may make the necessary preparations. What are some important things for a first-time traveler to do or keep in mind before they board that plane, train, or automobile? Which nations or cities do you recommend visiting for those without much money who love culture and history and wish to make the most of a visit?

3 comments:

  1. First thing I would suggest Random is to let us know what country we are talking about traveling from. We could then go from there and look at interesting places around your location to see what preparations you would need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Save every cent you come across; you'd be surprised how much money accumulates in spare change alone. Also set aside a goal and perhaps how much money you'd want to save in a week (maybe $1 a day, etc.).

    That's what I did to prepare for travelling to France. ^.^

    --French Bean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, French Bean. I suppose it is a good thing that I am a cheapskate, then.

    ReplyDelete